Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas...

Aidan's wish for Christmas was that Alayna got to come home from the hospital. We are so glad that we have been home 2 months now and she is doing so well.





Alayna was not too thrilled with the brain squeezer that I tried to accessorize her in (maybe we need to spend a little more time with LC and learn her beauty tips).




Aidan did a great job of opening his gifts as well as Alaynas...(needless to say at 2 months she was more content hanging out on grandma's lap than opening any gifts. But, big brother had a grand time enough for both of them.)


Grandma knitted Alayna a beautiful sweater to match her blanket.



Alayna and I get a moment to pose for a picture on Christmas eve. (Her outfit says TWINKLE on it, isn't she the cutest little star?)

We hope you had as great a Christmas as we did. Grandma and Pop Pop (Rochelle's parents) arrived late Tuesday afternoon, on Christmas Eve we all attended the Kaw Prairie Barn service and watched Aunt Elise wonderfully portray Mary, then on Christmas morning Aidan was up at 7 am as usual ready to open gifts (except baby sister kept on sleeping and sleeping and finally woke up at 8am) Did I tell you she is sleeping great through the night? (I know I have but it bears repeating HAHAHA) Merry Christmas to me, no more middle of the night feedings (maybe those dark circles under my eyes will start to fade now).
Aidan lit the birthday candle and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and moved the baby Jesus in our nativity scene then he commenced to tearing into his packages.
We enjoyed hosting Uncle Ed, Aunt Jane, Kara, Kellie, grandma, Pop Pop and great grandma for Christmas dinner. I thought I wouldn't get the turkey in the oven in time so woke up at 4:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. I was so glad Alayna slept until 7:30 this morning and Jason and Aidan were quiet downstairs so I could catch up on a few zzz's.
Pop Pop and Alayna are telling each other stories.

No comments: