Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spread the Word...March 31, 2009

r-word.org

March 21st is World Down Syndrome day (get it? 3/21...because down syndrome is having 3, 21st chromosomes). I didn't blog on that day (still recovering from turning 40 that week) so thought I would mention it now! What an awesome thing that the WORLD has a day for people to be aware of all the wonderful people who have down syndrome!

Today March 31st is a grassroots effort to stamp out the use of the word retarded or retard. AMEN!
Please join us in helping to spread the word.

After working with children with special needs in my education life and now having my own wonderful child who happens to have special needs, I am one person that would be glad if the world never used this word again (or any other derogatory remarks)!

I know I pray for this daily not only for Alayna but also for Aidan, that neither one may ever be at the brunt of anyone's derogatory comments!
Peace!

No comments: