Friday, July 8, 2011

Bringing Dariya home: GOTCHA DAY!!!

We were picked up a little before 9am so we could be at the passport office at 9 when it opened.  We waited about 10 minutes and were issued Dariya's passport.  We then drove around the corner to the orphanage to celebrate and get our little girl.

We were greeted by Tamara and Oksana, our two favorite caregivers.  We were thankful they were working today.  They allowed us to take pictures of the whole groupa area and of all the kids.  One little sweetie you will see me holding in the video will be listed on RR shortly. 
We took bubbles, candy, fruit and cookies for the kids and chocolates, tea and champagne for the caregivers. 

Our sweet friend, Victoria translated a thank you card for the caregivers and for Sasha (Dariya's birth father).
We stayed and played with the kids and visited with Sasha for an hour then we gave our final hugs, kisses and tearful goodbyes and made the drive to Kiev.

Dariya did really well in the car for the first 1 1/2 hours then as it was getting close to nap time she just wanted to lay down but she couldn't.  She fussed a little then would be fine.  We made it to Kiev around 2:30.  We are in the same apartement we had when we first arrived.  We then tried to get her down for a nap.  Haha, she was too excited and had caught her second wind.  So we opted to head out and walk around. 

We were blessed to be able to have an early dinner with Jill and Jonathan tonight.   We got home and Skyped with Alayna and Grandma (Aidan was playing with a friend).  The girls were throwing each other kisses SO CUTE! 

As we guessed Dariya LOVES the water so bath time was a blast then she was OUT for the night! 

We are very thankful for the continued prayers on our journey.  Please pray for our smooth ending at the embassy on Monday and Tuesday and for our safe travels (and good napping for Dariya) on the flight home.

NOW here is what you came for so enjoy!  One less orphan in the world tonight.....





24 comments:

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

So happy for you all!!!! Prayers will continue!

Cammie Heflin said...

I am bawling my eyes out right now!!! I tried to steal the code to share but you are smart and copyrighted it! I am so happy for you and I absolutely cannot stop these tears of joy. God Bless you all, cannot wait to hug on your precious girl!

Unknown said...

so so happy for you all thats just wonderful xxxx

Becca said...

Ohmygosh, times like this when I *really* wish I didn't sit directly in front of my CEO's office, facing him. Crying happy, happy tears for all of you.

Molly said...

Wow! Gotcha Day is awesome! So happy to see Dariya with you!

Emily said...

That is WONDERFUL! Your blessings move me, a complete stranger, to tears! I hope you will always remember the joy of these days, bringing your family together. Safe travels!!

Elisabeth said...

Oh goodness - I'm crying tears of joy right now as I watch your slide show. God has truly blessed your family with another wonderful daughter!

Katrina said...

Great videos. She is adorable. I am so excited for her to meet your children.

Cathy said...

Happy, happy tears for all of you! God bless!!

Jackie Wallace ( Aunty) said...

Loved the videos .Everything looked like it went so smoothly. Dariya looked so cute. Watching the videos was very emotional but happy tears. have a wonderful weekend with Dariya and hope all goes well at the Embassy on Monday. Safe trip ,back home. Love you all.xxxx

patsy said...

crying happy, happy tears for you all! thank you so much for sharing...and i love when miss dariya is 'driving' the car! she is ready to get in and get out of there with her new family :)

Stephanie said...

This is what I've been holding my breath for!!
I'm going to write this comment and then go into the bathroom and have a good shoulder shaking , thank you God , cry!!!!!
I cannot express my joy in words!

I love you both for opening your hearts and welcoming this incredible challenge!

Congratulations! And please give you daughter a big hug and kiss from me.

Anonymous said...

Been following your journey daily and keeping you in my prayers. I'm so thrilled for all of you and will continue to pray for a safe journey home. Can't wait to meet your newest princess in person! Jen Wood

Cory said...

Praise God! That is so sweet. She is precious. I am so glad she is with you now. Prayers for continued success! :)

Anonymous said...

Super Exciting!!! Congratulations :)

Katie said...

Congratulations! I hope you are home safe with all your children soon.

Renee said...

I am overwhelmed. God loves you and He loves Dariya so much that you found each other even with an ocean between you... Love you friend, so lucky to have been on this journey with you...

Rachel said...

YEAH!!! What a beautiful day. Continued prayers that all goes as planned this week.

ch said...

good lord. how could a picture of a little girl asleep in her pajamas completely do me in? good glory. just can't get enough. xoxoxoxo

Rochelle said...

Matthew West should be getting some compensation for all these great videos using his spectacular song! LOL Every time I hear that song, I have to grab a tissue...so happy for you and your family!! :D

Rochelle
Elk Grove, CA

Nan and Dan said...

woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo!!!!!
so so happy for you all!!!!
Hugs!

Melissa said...

yay!!! So happy for you all!

kecia said...

cried through the whole video! so happy for you all to be done and on your way home! how sweet that her birth father was there to say goodbye!

Molly said...

omg. she is so cute with that little voice and her driving the car motions. side note: your hub's laugh sounds JUST like my daddy's!