1) While wrangling your toddler into her cute little skort you accidentally pull up a little too hard and her sweet little face lands on the hardwood floor and said toddler cuts that little connective tissue that holds top lip to gum (ouch) then bleeds like a stuck pig all over your shirt.
2) Your 7 year old gets all teary and worried when said toddler is crying and bleeding everywhere and keeps saying mom she has never cried this hard then gives you that "oh yes I am voting for you for mother of the year look"! (It was very sweet how concerned he was though).
3) Immediately after arriving home from 1 1/2 hours of baby class in which you are more worn out than your toddler (although she was heading down for a nap) you hear the doorbell ring only to hear the sweet neighbor kid tell you that both your dogs are running wildly down the street. AHH!
4) You quickly hand off tired toddler to grandma who quickly puts her to sleep (thank you) and jump in your van to find said dogs (truthfully hoping they have been picked up by some loving person and taken away for good!) only to find said dogs in the middle of a huge intersection, blocking all traffic in both directions and are too confused (stupid) to come when called. Ugh. Thanks to two good Samaritans who stopped and helped me wrangle them into the van.
5) On way home notice said dogs~ STINK! I think they must have travelled through the sewers on the way down the street. Give both dogs bath, ahh much better.
6) Take hammer and fix the fence board that said dogs somehow knocked down. Neighbor two doors down hears crazy woman hammering and comes over to see if he can help because truly craftsmanship is NOT one of your spiritual gifts!
6) Go to grab a glass of water and sit down for a minute before said toddler wakes up and to have a quiet minute with said 7 year old...too late giggles coming from the baby monitor.
7) Husband calls to say he will be really late, probably just in time for you to hand off the kids and run to a 7pm leadership meeting at church.
Aidan felt so bad he made dinner for us last night (with hardly any help from me). Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and steamed carrots. He was so proud of himself and I was super thankful!
8) As husband walks in you are running out the door to said meeting you forget your cute sweater, get to said meeting and notice the chocolate pudding kisses you have ALL over BOTH shoulders of your white shirt, hee hee thanks Alayna for that giggle!
I was fearful to go to bed last night as I thought of the movie Groundhog Day....didn't want to wake up repeating that day! =)
*Please note that no toddlers, dogs, self esteem, 7 year old, husbands, grandparents, neighbors or anyone else was truly harmed in the making of this day. Thankfully! :)
Alayna's lip swelled up immediately but before I could even get a picture of it, it was back to normal and she was happily playing notice her peekaboo picture at the top was immediately following said accident!