Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday

People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have.
-- Richard Carlson

We continue to be blessed in so many ways.  This week I am thankful for...

~USCIS fingerprints DONE! I can't explain how thankful I am for this.  I was about to throw up on my shoes in the car on the way there full well knowing that I talked Jason into taking the day off to do this and IF they said NO, he wasn't going to be really happy with me.  As soon as we got there I saw these two huge security guards.  Jason had already thrown me to the lions telling me I could speak on our behalf (thanks honey!)  I handed the guards our appointment notice for April 19th and they said, "OK come on in"  I couldn't believe my ears.  I started explaining why we were there early and they stopped me and said it was ok and we were ok to get our prints!  I had been praying for God to give me the right words and he did...no words at all.  I didn't have to plead our case, I didn't have to show the pictures of Dariya and cry I just had to be silent and know that God had it all under control.    PEACE!

~ Truly thankful for Amy & Kim this week.  Amy gives up her Monday mornings to hang out with Alayna (ok I know she enjoys her time but, she gives up LOTS of Mondays) so that I can volunteer in Aidan's classroom.  Kim not only volunteered to keep Alayna so we could get our fingerprinting but, she got up early and drug her 2 year old, Eli to OUR house at 7:15 am to keep both kids for us so we didn't have to find someone else to take Aidan before school.  Thanks girls for blessing us.

~God is bringing awareness to the kids on Reece's Rainbow.  This week Patricia  Heaton (Everybody loves Raymond star) donated $10,000 to RR and is helping spread the word about this great organization.  Thank you Patricia!

~A little extra provision - I work from home a couple times a year doing some admin work for a local business person when his full time admin person is on vacation.  


She continues to walk, walk, walk!!!
What are you thankful for this week... please share one or two!

4 comments:

Missy said...

I'm thankful for wonderful, god-centered people that I get to share this exciting and scary adventure with! Thankful for the Holy Spirit that leads us!

Lacey said...

I remember the days of being so excited about everything coming together, and getting closer! I'm so glad that stress is over, but in ways I miss it!

Elisabeth said...

I am thankful that God is faithful.

Cammie Heflin said...

So excited for all of the good things happening for you guys! You definitely deserve it! Jake, Addy and I are coming up next Friday so we can go to the Eggstravaganza maybe we can get together for a bit????