Friday, November 16, 2012

I can see clearly

We were able to pick the girls glasses up last week.  Dariya's are really cute and she is wearing them all the time.  Alayna's however, she isn't sold on and neither am I. 

 Hmm thinking to myself that going shopping on the day you were given a cancer diagnosis really wasn't such a good plan.  

Don't get me wrong they are cute but, they are just a bit wide for her petite face.  

I didn't realize until we picked them up how wide they truly are...
We opted to go with regular frames instead of the frames made specifically for kids with ds.  Nobody in the metro area takes our insurance and carries those frames.  

So we opted for cute and covered instead of cute and $400 a set of glasses. Obviously, they sink just as well as the ones typical glasses anyway.  

Thankfully Ms. Juanita said that both girls are wearing their glasses at school.  Let's pray that continues.

I promise Dariya was not drugged, she just looks like it


Had to include a cute one of Dariya as the top photo caught her off guard but it is the only cute one I have of Alayna wearing hers so far.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I think their glasses look amazing on them! I swear, those little beauties can wear *anything.*

Elisabeth said...

Love the new glasses! And I think Alayna's glasses are super cute! What a blessing she could wear the insurance-covered ones. We can't find a place to buy Wesley's frames that takes our insurance either. :-(

Also, I just want you to know that I am continuing to pray for you and am always encouraged when I read your blog posts and see your continued trust in God. You are an example to all of us of what it looks like to rest in His sufficient grace!

Cammie Heflin said...

Sooo cute! Love those girls!