Thursday, September 26, 2013

Liebster award

My sweet friend, Patti over at a Perfect Lily  nominated us for a Liebster award.

What?

You have never heard of this prestigious award?  Well, me neither until Patti tagged me.

It is a little blog "share the love" award.  Apparently liebster means dearest in German.  

You are given the award and have to answer the givers questions in a blog post, nominate others and give them some questions etc.

So here goes it...

1. What is the last great book you read?

 7 by Jen Hatmaker.  She is one hysterical sold out for Christ mama that I love to read.

2. Who would you most love to meet from Blog land?

Stephanie, Emmie & family from Our Daily Smiles you know when you have a true connection to someone that you have never even met?  Well that is Steph! Also, we would love to meet Sammi, Becca and Steve from the Bates Motel.  They are fabulous folks although I totally think our hubbies would get lost in a pub for way too long together and we might never see them again.  I am hoping Becca would rub off on my girls and they would come out with her fashion sense.

3. What is your favorite go to recipe for company?

 I love making shish kebabs and bacon wrapped green beans.  Both look and taste amazing with not much effort from me ;)    However, baking is what I really love to do as I am a total eat dessert first kinda girl!

4.  What is your favorite blog post that you have written?

I think my favorite post was Alayna's birth story that I wrote for her first birthday.  It is linked in the top tabs if you haven't read it.

5.  How many blogs do you read a week? Name a few....

It depends on the week and the chaos that is going on around here.  I try to keep current on all my blogs, thankfully everyone doesn't blog at the same time or every day.  I love reading Jen Hatmaker, Pudge and Biggie, Confessions of the Chromosomally Enhanced,  Micah Six Eight, Angel Eyes, Our Daily Smiles, The Bates Motel and the list could go on.

6.  What do you hope people take away from your blog?

I started this blog when Alayna was born so our family, whom mostly live faraway could keep up with her health etc.  However, it morphed pretty quickly into just a family blog about our lives and not focusing on down syndrome.  I guess I want people to take away that we are just an ordinary family trying to follow where God leads us.  I hope that every once in a while a post resonates with people and they learn something from me.

7.  What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

A better question would be what is NOT your favorite ice cream flavor (mint chocolate chip or plain chocolate).  I LOVE ice cream especially anything with chocolate, fudge, carmel etc mixed in with vanilla ice cream.

8. If  today was your last day alive, what five things would you do?

Take my kids on a fun day adventure of their choice (probably to that kids museum they love with the millions of screaming kids running around investigating science stuff like they are Sid the Science Kid), hug and kiss my kids as much as possible, have a real date with my hubs, donate everything I could to orphans in Ukraine, have a long lunch with my sister.

9.  What bugs you about other peoples blogs?

Trolls or people who leave nasty messages just because their opinion doesn't mesh with the author.

10. Do you actually read my blog or skim for the pictures?

Oh, Patti you know I read your blog and love how much you make me think and ponder topics.

And now we gladly hand this prestigious award over to:
Our Daily Smiles
The Bates Motel

Here are your questions girls:

1.  Why did you start blogging?
2.  What is your passion that you want your readers to get out of your blogging?
3.  What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
4.  What is your favorite singer/band? why?
5.  If you could have dinner with anyone who would it be and why?
6.  What is the best decision you ever made?
7.  What is something you wish everyone knew about you?
8.  If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
9.  What are your hobbies?
10. What drives you?




4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! Thank you! I accept and PROMISE to post my answers and pass this award on in a timely fashion!!! Hugs and hugs to you!!!!!

Patti said...

yay, love your answers ! oxoxo

Becca said...

Oh, THANK YOU!!!!! I am honored to be...uh...*honored* by you!! :-)I'm always so horrible at these kinds of things, but like Stephanie, I promise to do it this time!!! Mwwwwaaaaah!

Becca said...

Thanks again, Rochelle! I posted today: http://thebatesmotel3.blogspot.com/2013/10/awarded.html