Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The journey is always better with friends

While we were in Ukraine we were able to meet Jilll and Pat Birschbach from Wisconsin and spend some time with them.  I continue to follow their blog as they are such a great family and now they are on their third RR adoption!

Last year right around the time I was diagnosed with cancer, Jill posted on her blog asking prayers for one of her prayer group friends, Rochelle Rosenthal who had just been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Rochelle and I connected through our caringbridge accounts then email and phone.

Over the past year the Rosenthal family, especially Rochelle have been a huge uplifting blessing from God to me.  I count her as my best cancer blessing.

So a few weeks ago when she called to say that their trip to DC was going to be canceled for last week with the shutdown and she wondered if they could come visit us I jumped up and down with excitement.

This past weekend was a flurry of activities, conversation and fun.  The more we talked the more we had in common.  It truly got to be funny.

The kids didn't take too long to warm up to each other.  Aidan was begging for them to stay longer when they had to leave on Sunday.  He had a blast with his new friends.  The girls were glued to either Klara, Jocelyn or Rochelle all weekend.  ( I bet they are sleeping off Dariya right now LOL)






Oh my what fun we had but time just wouldn't stand still!

Thanks Rosenthal family for blessing us with your visit.  We can't wait to meet your new daughter (they are also adopting a girl from RR)

The door is always open and I promise there won't be so many red lights next time.

3 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

So crazy how those connections are made! Love it!

Jill said...

So jealous!!! :-) So glad you all had a wonderful time. Hopefully we'll be able to reunite at some point. Hurry up and better, ok? :-)

Stephanie said...

A little jealous... But looks like it was a perfect time!!