Friday, April 4, 2014

Weighted blanket update

If you didn't see my first post about making Alayna a weighted blanket you might want to check that out first.

I have been asked numerous times for an update on how the weighted blanket and Alayna's sleeping has been.

All I can say is...pretty fabulous!

I wish I would have made the blanket much sooner.

The first night she slept straight through the night without waking for 11 hours.  Then we had a few nights where she woke up but we put her back in bed and put the blanket on her (which she LOVES) and she went right back to sleep.

It has been a huge improvement.

She asks for it many days when she is snuggling on the couch reading or watching tv.  She absolutely loves it.

I am waiting for the company to give us more poly pellets and then I will make Dariya one.  But, she is sleeping better as they aren't waking each other up every night.

I highly recommend making one.  They were pretty cost prohibitive for us, especially with two girls but, wow what a difference.


Have you made one?  What has your experience been?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I made Lily one about a year and a half ago. It definitely helps her sleep. I too wish I had made it sooner.

Incidentally...I bought my pellets on eBay. They were a lot cheaper there than anywhere else.