Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

How many times do we miss God's blessings
because they are not packaged as we expected?
Anonymous


This week I am thankful for...

~Autumn. I truly love all the seasons and enjoy living in the middle of the country where we can enjoy a bit of each season. This week I am enjoying the crisp mornings, warm mugs of hot chocolate, the crunchy leaves and the need for an extra blanket on the bed at night to stay cozy.

~My neighbor who came over and jump started my van when my sweet 7 year old left the keys in the ignition in the on position (he was watching his piano DVD). I was running out the door to get to Alayna's orthotic appointment and realized I had no battery.

~Alayna's happy go lucky attitude - Wherever we go people always comment on her happy nature. I am sure we are only adding to the stereotype ...all kids with ds are SO happy! LOL

This is how she greets me when she gets up from her nap, legs out of the crib, kicking in rhythm to whatever song she happens to be singing. Sweet, sweet, sweet!

~Finally, I am very grateful to the ladies that teach Alayna at our Bible study on Wednesday mornings. Instead of babysitting they have a 2 hour curriculum for these kids where they learn songs, learn a Bible story and have tons of fun. It truly is a blessing.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments: