Thursday, February 14, 2013

Life moves fast

Life with young kids is always fast paced.  
Add in my treatments (and downtime from those) and our poor blog has taken a big hit, not to mention my housework, scrap booking, etc....

I am spending less and less time online and instead try to focus on the kids since we loose a few days a month to my tiredness from chemo.

So in case I have anyone who is still following and reading along here is a quick update on what we have been up to lately.

We celebrated Dariya turning 5.  She continues to amaze us with new skills each day.  In fact, this week she showed me that she knows how to correctly do patterning.  She is one smart and sweet cookie.
Jason's mom came to stay with us for two weeks.  I felt horrible as it was a week I had chemo then had strep throat at the end of the week.  I was just starting to perk back up when it was time for her to head back. We were thrilled she was able to meet Dariya and spend some time with her.  She of course, absolutely loved her!

We are trying to savor each moment with the kids.  They all seem to be growing up so fast.

Alayna and Ms. Juanita
I went to the girls Valentines party at preschool.  They had a great time and got totally sugared up.
Alayna woke up at 2 am and turned her light on and was standing on her bed with a pillow in her hands.  When I asked her what she was doing she replied, "pillow fight!"  UGH!
Dariya and Miss Liz
We have played games, read loads of books (the girls are reading nicely now, video coming soon), and done fun crafts.
At school conferences, we had great reports from the teachers on all the kids.  However, one blonde haired 4 year old is still a stinker and won't show all her skills at school!  God bless her teachers as I am worried they will be as bald as me by the end of the year.   Thankful they know how smart she is and push her continually.   Praying that she overcomes this and soars in school.

Aidan is always on the go, playing with his friends, reading loads of books, and excited to get his braces off in a couple weeks.

The kids are out until next Tuesday for conferences and Presidents day.  Alayna is hoping the weather warms up as she has been asking daily to go to the zoo.

So maybe that will be our next outing....stay tuned.

Happy Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

I have been meaning to come up there for a visit to see you guys. I know things are crazy for you as they have been for us. Hopefully soon! Praying for good rest and less sickness for you! Miss you guys so much! Hugs!

Becca said...

Pillow fight!!! Love it! And that resistance to do things at school that she's perfectly capable of at home? I know that well in similar situations. Stubborn... :-/

Dariya has the most adorable little cheeks - now I know why grammas always pinch them!

Sorry you had illness on top of everything else. :-( Tis the season, unfortunately.

Elizabeth said...

Still following your blog. Running a family is a big enough job, add to that your battle with the big C and I think you are doing a great job.
Elizabeth

Janice Thi Tran said...

Love this you are a wonderful woman! You have so much strength and you are a good role model for all!!! Sending love from New York City, hope you are well. Please follow me! & like me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Janice-Tran/348767021880027) ! I also recently entered a contest to be ELF Cosmetics new fresh face. Please vote for me here: http://www.exploremodeling.com/Casting/elfCosmetics2013/77855/Janice_Tran.aspx I so appreciate it! <3
xx
Janice
<3