Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bringing Dariya home: Another good day

Our second day visiting with Dariya went well.  She comes and hugs us both when she sees us and goes outside with us easily.  She cries for just a bit when we take her in to leave. 

Dariya loves to watch cars (machinas).  Note taken, be very careful with her and her passion for motor vehicles.  When  she sees one she says, "beep, beep".  We showed her the sign for car and she did it immediately and made an "ar" sound.  This girl is a keeper!  But, you already knew that. 

We brought some animal cracker like snacks today and she was having none of it.  I guess we will stick to bananas she really liked those yesterday.

As the other kids walk around from other groupas they greet us with good afternoon (in russian of course) it is the cutest thing!

I took my tape measure to get Dariya's measurements and what do you know she and Alayna could be twins!  Seriously, they had one measurement that was a half inch off but otherwise they are exactly the same.  The one difference I notice is Dariya's feet are pudgie (like our dear buddy LC) where as Alayna's are not.  So Dariya will definitely be wearing a larger shoe just to accomodate the Fred Flintstones she has happening at the end of her legs.

I know enough of the chatter...here is what you really came for.

She LOVES for you to kiss her neck!

The purse and and phone are her favorites, she wanders around babbling with the phone up to her ear.

Please let Ms. Erin know that we got in a good PT workout today she climbed up this slide for nearly 20  minutes and slide down again


We will probably be asked to hose her off before we bring her back in because she is a mess when we take her back!  Oops!
She LOVE, LOVE, LOVES the water!  Hope she enjoys the pool and bath as much!


In case the pictures don't win you over here is another video to make you smile.

She is so tired when we leave, she literally could fall asleep in my arms.  We are so thankful for this journey...

14 comments:

Renee said...

Give Fred, ahem, I mean Dariya, a smooch from me...She looks like she is wrapping you around her little pudgie finger... :)

Love ya'll,
Renee

Stephanie said...

Well, didn't make it through this one without a few tears! what a beautiful laugh!!!!! Sending some smooches.

btw, Em just forced herself into my lap to see the video. I'll probably have to replay it another 100 times, LOL

Cammie Heflin said...

Can't wait to meet her!!!!!!!!!! Her giggle is the best!!! Hugs and kisses to her from us!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and she are bonding well. Praying it will go as well when you get her home. You are awesome for taking on this God-given responsibility. Hope she always knows what special parents she was given to! God bless.

Cathy said...

LOVE the giggles!!! Pretty princess just seems to know she's loved. AMAZING! God is so good!

ch said...

Just the eye candy I needed to start my day off right...So happy to have someone sharing my pudgie foot pain...still can't stop my mouth from watering when i see that girl's sweet profile. xoxox

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that giggle!!!! Too cute! Sounds like she is doing SOOO well. Awesome!

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwww....love....love....love :)

Sara Bell said...

That brought tears to my eyes!!! I hope to meet her one day!!! Congrats to you both!!!

patsy said...

oh my....dariya is just beautiful!!! so happy for you that everything is going so well! LOVE her sweet giggle .....your girl already knows just how much she is loved :)

Elisabeth said...

Dariya is darling! I have tears in my eyes looking at all the pictures you have posted of her. I love that she's her daddy's girl already! I am continuing to pray for a smooth process for you all.

Lori said...

What a blessing! You guys must be head over heels in love! =)

To Love Endlessly said...

oh my goodness!!! I could watch this video over & over again. What a lovely little laugh! Cute, Cute, Cute!!!

Jackie Wallace Jacksonville Arkansas said...

Oh what a cute little giggle, she is adorable. Love all the pics, she is having a blast and you guys are also. Great seeing all the pics.