Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bringing Dariya home: I think she likes us

Wednesday afternoon's visit went very well.  We met a family that is here from St Louis, they adopted their son from this same orphanage under the same sweet, director in 1993 and they were back to visit.  The director called for us so we could meet them, we also met a retired orphanage inspector, who was translating for the American family and the director.  She was very kind and came out and spent some time with us while we were playing with Dariya.  She told us lots of information about this orphanage and that there is another one in town that houses children 4-11.  She said this one is probably one of the nicest in the country.  We would agree, it is very nice.

We had taken some of Alayna's clothes to donate and when we showed up for the afternoon they had put one of Alayna's old outfits on Dariya.    Now remember yesterday when I said the girls are the exact same size?  I know if it is too small for Alayna is is too small for Dariya who is 8 months older.  I giggled as Jason had no idea but, I knew immediately it was one of our dresses and it was a 6 month dress.  They groupa workers said, "pretty, pretty, pretty"  She looked adorable but, bless her heart I am sure it was tight.

Playing hat on, hat off.  She follows our directions well even with the language difference.
As we were walking around the grounds she reached up and took my hand.  Melt.my.heart!

She loves climbing stairs and going down slides, and is much less thrilled with swings or merry go rounds
Thursdays visits went well too.  She is so excited to see us when we get there and comes running to me with giant hugs and points outside.  Yes, you read that right I think this girl has taken a liking to her mama. 

We walk and play and enjoy our visits with her.  By 11:30 she is starting to stagger as she is getting so tired.  As we headed back in the groupa direction she balked and immediately wanted me to hold her.  We completely understood that she did not want to go back but, wanted to stay with us. 


Daddy wins a prize for taking this shot (his skills usually include cutting off heads)
She loves sorting and taking things out and putting them back in
We are sure she was checking to see if we could fit her in without anyone knowing she was missing.

Playing round and round the garden with daddy.  She was signing more please for daddy to keep playing!

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

My heart!!!!!

OK this is funny. Yesterday after i watched the "giggling video" 83 times and then played it for Emmie another 92 times, I wanted Peter to see it. He was just about to start some work on the computer and I said "Wait you have to see this". He said, "no no not now I don't have time".We got into a "yes", "no" "discussion" So I just hit play and forced him to watch, and well, he melted. We just watched and smiled. Peter said "I wonder if anyone ever kissed her like that before, she is so loved now" :)

Cammie Heflin said...

I have also watched the giggle a million times! Addy signs "again again" every time! I told her she will get to meet Dariya soon! I'm so glad your visits are going well, she is soooo precious! Makes me want to sell everything I have just so we can adopt now!!! Love you guys, can't wait for your next update!

Renee said...

I think Jason wins a prize for thos photographs too! But you all won the Jackpot with Dariya!! What a precious treasure, what a little jelly bean! I may be cheering you on through tears, sweet friend but I am cheering you on everyday! Love to you all...

Amy said...

I love seeing your story unfold! I'm so thankful she loves you so much already!! Glory to God!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful!
nana cam

Elisabeth said...

I am in tears every time I read an update on your blog. Dariya is such a darling and I love seeing how she is connecting with you so very quickly. God truly has blessed you with a precious and wonderful daughter!

Katrina said...

Such a beautiful little girl. You have been so blessed. I thank you for sharing your incredible journey with me.

j*e*n said...

She's so beautiful! Jason captured some precious moments - great job!

Cole said...

I'll sign more please for more pictures! They are so great! Such a precious time. Love her!

Unknown said...

oh how adorable! every picture melts me, especially the shot of you 2 through the trees! she is adorable and i am so glad you are bonding so fast xxx

Heather said...

Be still my heart ...

The photos,the video,this journey... amazing.Dariya ... darling.And your family,all 5 of you,so blessed!

Mia is on her way home and you all will be next!I can hardly believe it!

Love and prayers in great abundance.

Cathy said...

Oh Rochelle...I'm so happy she's taken a "liking" to you. How heartbreaking it must be to see her sad because she knows you are leaving. Soon, baby girl, soon!

The Annessa Family said...

THe cuteness is too much! I think you should put her in the backpack and RUN!

Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Personally I think she was trying to smuggle herself out in your backpack :) :)
hugs!!
Nancy

Reading Widely said...

She is adorable! Congratulations to all of you! :)

Blessings,

Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adopiton Ministry
rachel@reecesrainbow.org
www.reecesrainbow.org

Lori said...

Oh, look at her hanging on to her Mama =) What a beautiful kodak moment that Jason was able to capture.
It is amazing how God blesses when we follow His will.