Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners
who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust

We are incredibly thankful for all the blessings that continue to be showered upon us.  This will be my last Thankful Thursday post until we get Dariya home sometime in July.  Thankful that you follow our journey, our bloggy friends are wonderful friends!

~Visits from family who spoil us beyond reason!  Seriously was like Christmas around here!  Alayna is STILL calling "OOODEE"  for Aunt Trudy! Thankful they made it back to England safely!

~A great end of the year conference at Alayna's school.  She is a rock star!  But, we kinda already knew that ;)

~New contacts and glasses that came in before we leave!  Yahoo I can see clearly now...(ah you know the rest)
~A week with no therapies so we can enjoy lots of family time before we leave on Tuesday.

~Picnics with daddy.  Of course the lunchbox snatcher strikes again...I pack it and she unpacks it and starts eating.




~Sweet friends who send adapters/converters for EE (Thanks Molly!)



What are you thankful for this week?

8 comments:

The Annessa Family said...

I am thankful to "know" so many wonderful families who are growing through the miracle of adoption. It's so nice to have others to share this journey with!

Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

I'm thankful that you are leaving soon!!!! I'm also thankful that Lisa got her travel date this morning. I'm hopeful Deanna will too. Such an exciting time for me watching you all be blessed by God! Happy, happy, happy!!

Erin said...

Beautiful post as usual. So excited that you are about to take a beautiful journey and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Amy said...

I am thankful that you are adding sweet Dariya to your family! Praying for you!!!!!!
Blessings!
Amy
godsarrowsinourquiver.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Thankful that you are so close to bringing sweet Dariya home and so thankful that today marks 2 years since Zoey was released from her last round of chemo.We are so blessed to be soaking in the beauty of these days.

patsy said...

thankful for all the sweet blogging moms that share their precious little ones and all the little things that put a smile on my face...like your little lunchbox snatcher ;) and of course thankful that you are saving miss dariya and making her a part of your family...that angel has no idea how blessed she is going to be in just a few short weeks!

Elisabeth said...

I am praying for you as you fly out next week, and I look forward in anticipation of seeing how God will work marvelously to bring Dariya home!

Runningmama said...

I am so excited for you and your family, I can't wait to see pictures of Dariya with all of you :-) I love your little lunch snatcher!