|Her giggles when daddy chases her are priceless.|
|Bubble, bubble POP!|
|The tunnel of love!|
Even though Dariya's groupa caregivers are all very kind and nice to the kids they don't have the time to give each child the attention they need. Dariya obviously has longed to be hugged and kissed because she spends the first 15 minutes of each visit hugging and kissing me. If I try to put her down before she is ready she just asks to get right back up again and commences her mommy love fest. Once she has given me enough love off she goes to play with daddy.
Yesterday afternoon we were in the hallway playing and another groupa came by who we see outside daily (bummer no RR kids in that group) but, they stopped to play with Jason.
The more he high fived them and tickled them the more tears built up in my eyes. It sunk in that while I am overjoyed that Dariya is ours and we will be bringing her home in a couple weeks 104 other kids are stranded here, no family, no bouncing on a trampoline or making smores in the backyard, no movie nights, no going to the pool, or long snuggles in mommy and daddy's bed reading books before bedtime.
It is a very emotional experience for us both. We are tired everyday not because of the grueling play schedule we have but rather because of the emotional draining of our hearts with these sweet faces that we will leave behind.
Yes, God moved our hearts to bring home Dariya and we wish everyone had that kind of experience and that every orphan worldwide had their own family but, we understand that not everyone is called to adopt. However, God does call us all to take care of orphans.
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
How do you take care of orphans? (I know I am preaching to the choir because you have given of yourselves without holding back to bring us to Ukraine in search of our daugher and without your help we wouldn't be here!)
Pray and seek God's wisdom and discernment for where He is calling you to help!
- Sponsor a waiting child on RR, or sign up to donate to the child of the month each month
- Sponsor the angel tree project - The biggest fundraiser of the year for RR
- Check out the RR website for how you can become a prayer warrior for a child (it costs you nothing but, will save their life) Do you know how many people prayed for Dariya to have a family before we heard God's whisper. Prayer is HUGE!
- Use your social networks like FB or twitter to get the word out there about RR and this awesome ministry and the waiting children. (costs you nothing, just a little time)
- Sponsor a dress down for down syndrome day at work and donate the money to Reece's Rainbow. (again costs you nothing)
There are 147 million sweet faces in the world with no family to call their own. Won't you help one today?