Monday, June 27, 2011

Bringing Dariya home: Oktoberfest anyone?

Is it just my German heritage or do you think Dariya looks like a little German boy in her lederhosen?  The real crack up is we donated the 12 month overalls and shirt (not to be worn together mind you, I am NOT at all fashionable but, I do know that they don't go together!)  We think they put tights on her due to the fact that we let her take off her socks and shoes the other day.  =)

Playing round and round the garden with daddy
Our sweet friend, Victoria let us borrow her extra umbrella (we love you Victoria!) as the weather here is supposed to rain for a few more days.  But, what do you know as left the apartment it was raining a little bit and a few minutes later it stopped and didn't rain the whole time we visited Dariya.  I think we should take our lucky umbrella everywhere. 

Note we did NOT cause the mark under her eye.  She ran into something before we arrived.

Signing "me" with daddy
Signing "play" (My favorite sign she does, it is so cute!)
Tamara wasn't working today so we had to play in the hallway again.  Fun to spend time with our girl but, truly not much happening in the hallway.

Had some questions about why we have to wait another 5 (hopefully shorter) days after the 10 day wait to take her out of the orphanage. 

On the 10th day the court decree becomes final, then we can apply for her passport.  Until we receive her passport we can't take her away from the orphanage due to their concern for her medical needs. If we took her out we would have no access to medical care either here or in the US because we couldn't travel out of the country without her passport.  So for Dariya's protection we must wait...

If you have any questions, feel free to leave us a message or email us.  I will try my best to answer or find the answer for you.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Ah, my morning Dariya fix...Now I know I am going to have a wonderful day! We are calling our adoption agency today to hopefully find out some news...Praying for you all, and for Dariya...pooey on the extra five days...let's just wait and see what God had in store for you about that!

Scott Hantla said...

I am surprised they don't make such parents wear surgical masks when they visit. How dare anyone allow a child to take off shoes and socks! LOL.

Dariya is going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her family!!!

Cathy said...

They sure are fashionistas over there...not. LOL! And boy do they have some silly ideas for what causes sickness.

Soon, Dariya, you can run around with no shoes ALL.DAY.LONG...FOREVER!!! OK...winters might be a little chilly, but you know what I mean. :)

Heather said...

Everytime I see her face,with you guys,I want to cry.Tears of joy.The knowledge that she is really yours is overwhelming at time.Continued prayers from California.