Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bringing Dariya home: Love at first hug


A picture is worth a thousand words....

Another daddy's girl for sure!

Our so full hearts are filled with joy!  Our first meeting with Dariya couldn't have gone any better. 

We were picked up by Luda a little after 9am and went straight to the orphanage to meet with the director/head doctor.   She is a very nice lady and was a joy to meet.  The orphanage is nice and clean and well taken care of.

The director began telling us all about Dariya.  Her nickname is Dasha.  About 20 minutes into our visit with the director the door opened and in walked Dariya and her groupa teacher, also named Luda.  Oh my the tears started flowing.  She walked directly to Jason and put her arms up to him and hugged him over and over.  Then she came immediately to me and hugged me over and over.  I asked if we could take her home now?  They of course laughed at me.

She was born and spent 2 months in the NICU and was visited by her birth parents daily. 

During this time they came to the conclusion that they could not provide for her due to her diagnosis and no services here in this country and signed temporary custody to the orphanage.  Her birth parents love her very much and continued to visit her up until December of this year where they learned of other US families (the Brownings) that were adopting children with down syndrome from this orphange. 

At that time they wanted to give Dariya the best opportunity possible so they signed the paperwork to allow her to be adopted internationally.   This was exactly the same time that God moved Jason's heart and he began searching the RR website, coincidence?  Absolutely not.   We are saddened to learn that her birth parents have since divorced as the stress of this situation weighed heavily on their marriage. 

Our God is amazing and we are humbled to be here and to be chosen to be her parents.  I sit here in awe as I continue to be shown small pieces of this puzzle.

She is the same size as Alayna, feeds herself, walks well is saying words but not sentences, follows directions, loves to hug and has a great giggle (think she will fit in with our family well?)  God SO knows what he is doing.

We are allowed to visit everyday from 10-12 and 4-6 even on weekends.  We are off to head back and spend the afternoon with her.  This morning she didn't want us to put her down and as we said, "paka" (bye) she began to cry.   Oh soon sweet Dariya we will say paka, paka, paka to this orphanage and you will be with us forever.  For us that day cannot come soon enough.

A little more eye candy for you...enjoy! 



Playing patty cake with daddy
Hugs and smiles for mama
Dariya and Ludamila, our parent liason
She was loving me kissing her neck, the giggles were overflowing...

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, Rochelle! She's beautiful! Love to all!! xo

Becca said...

Crying into my breakfast here. That's so amazing that her birth family continued to visit her - I'm so glad this child was loved so well there. Can't wait for you to be able to bring that beautiful girl home!!!

Shannon said...

What an awesome first meeting! Hope the rest of the processes goes smoothly and you get to call her yours forever shortly :)

Anonymous said...

This is the day which the LORD has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it! Amen.

I can't stop the tears of joy for Dariya, both of you, Aidan and Alayna.

~ Amy H.

Stephanie said...

You know how i feel! No words, and you know I'm crying ;)
my heart is overflowing!

Renee said...

No words, just tears, giant happy I love you and Dariya tears...She's beautiful.

Amy said...

Big, happy tears here! YAY!!!

Charlotte's Mama said...

Just beautiful, Rochelle!

Erin said...

Happy tears here too! So happy for all of you. She is a doll for sure!

Sarah Marie said...

I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to wrap my arms around that huggable little girl. She is truly a blessing. Dariya is so pretty! She is a perfect addition to your family!

ch said...

well of course i am a sobbing MESS! and that girl is no slouch! thank god she's as strong as she is to hold up that bow on her head. did she fancy up for you or WHAT??? she must have heard a handsome englishman was coming by for a visit.
oh i'm just beside myself...GORGEOUS!!!!! Come home SOOOOOON, dashadumpling!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!
nana cam

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!
congrats!!!
so so happy for you all!!
hugs!!
Nancy

Jill said...

Congratulations!!! She's simply adorable!!! :-) So very happy for you. Her parents situation sounds similar to Elijah's birth parents - minus the divorce part. :-( Hopefully you will be able to meet them. It is such a complete blessing, but VERY emotional too...

Praying all goes well for a speedy court date!

Pat say she's beautiful too. :-)

Lacey said...

Oh gorgeous Dariya, soon you won't have to say goodbye to momma and daddy! Oh it the room, the great meeting room with the tree in the corner. The room where dreams come true!
Tell Luda hello for me and Ray, and that Arina is doing fabulous, and enjoy your time in that gorgeous country!

Patti said...

OH MY WORD what a way to start my day!! Tears of joy flowing right now, it just kills me how these babies are so LONGING for families, they just know it when they meet their mommy and daddy! I don't know how she could get any cuter, she is just gorgeous!! I'm so happy for you, dear friend:)

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww & happy tears!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about these first time meetings that just make me cry tears of joy but I LOVE IT!!! She is gorgeous and what a bonus that she went right to you guys without any uncomfortable moments at all!! Can't wait for you to bring her home :)...since my blogger account won't seem to let me sign in, I have to sign this as anonymous...but I promise, I am not :) ...Denise (Ella's mom)

Katrina said...

So excited for you while my heart aches for her birth parents. I pray God is able to comfort them and that somehow you will be able to send pictures to them showing them that their sacrifice was not in vain. She is just so precious.

Sabrina said...

She is so beautiful. What a blessing you will all be to each other!

Jackie Wallace Jacksonville Arkansas said...

What an emotional time for all. Dariya is beautiful and her auntie cant wait to meet her. She will have awesome parents and an awesome brother and sister. Hopefully you will bring her home soon. Tears of joy fills my heart today. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...So heartwarming and wonderful! I am so thrilled that she will have the chance to be part of your family and all that love! We are in the middle of the adoption process and it can get so tedious and expensive but you have encouraged me that it is so completely and beyond worth it for all involved. Thank you for sharing with all of us!
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Love! Love! Love!!!!! Congratulations -- we are so happy for you all!

Anonymous said...

OH Rochelle, how stinkin adorable is she!? YAY!!! So happy for you!! Mel

Cathy said...

Just got home from a therapy marathon for Lils and had to hop on the computer.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Tears overfloweth! Dariya is so beautiful. She knows you're her momma!!! Congratulations. Now I have to go watch that video. Saved it for last. :)

Unknown said...

oh i am crying! those pictures! love love love it xxxx

NB said...

just add my tears to the puddles of joy over here across the ocean!! love you!!!!!

amyl4 said...

Oh my goodness, that bow is about as big as she is!:) She's precious, congratulations!

kecia said...

YAY! I am finally getting caught up! I have been dying to see the pictures of her! OH my she is SO adorable! LOVE that big bow! So cute that she was so free with her hugs to you both when she first met you! What a sweetie and that story about her birth parents is amazing! Do they want you to have contact with them?

Cole said...

Tears of joy as your sweet tale unfolds! She is just precious! How wise you were to rush to her! Can't wait to see more!