Friday, June 29, 2012

I made a friend revisited


We did it!  
I made it to the pool with all three kids by myself several times now.

Please don't start patting me on the back just yet!

Does it still count if Dariya ended up in the parking lot once while we were checking in?
Good grief!   Bad parenting 101 right here folks!

Thankful to Aidan for being my extra set of eyes, hands and ears to keep these two wrangled and safe!  Dariya has NO FEAR and Alayna was cautious at first but much more daring now.  I am in trouble.

If you have been following us for a while you have read my posts on Dariya's sweet friend "A".  If you need a refresher click here.   Thankfully this little girl has a huge heart and a love for our girls.  Every time her mom mentions a play date "A" starts talking about Dariya, even though they haven't been at the same preschool now for 9 months.

With the weather in the 100's this week we decided to opt for a play date at the pool.  It truly melts my heart to see this little girl thrilled to meet up with Dariya and Alayna.  I pray that she will remain a friend to them for life and that there will be many more sweet friends like her in their future.  

You know friends don't count chromosomes!

Thanks "A" and Angel for a great day at the pool.


5 comments:

Becca said...

You are SO lucky to have such a great helper in Aidan!! And that is so sweet that the little friend was so excited to see them! I, too, hope those kinds of friendships last a long, long time.

EVELYN said...

You look like ur having to much fun! It was 103 here today...what is up!

Jill said...

Hey, I don't think one time in the parking lot is bad at all. :-) Good for you for going and having fun! Yes, friends that don't count chromosomes are a wonderful thing. So sweet!

Heather said...

Bad parenting? Hardly. I could give you countless times over the course of parenting for 25 years, that would curl yours toes ... Lord knows that did mine!

Friends make this journey all the sweeter, do they not?

Like you, for me. And I thank you for that.

Elisabeth said...

You are a brave woman! I haven't ever taken the boys to the pool by myself! Maybe when Zach's old enough to help out.... And you are not a bad mommy for losing her in the parking lot. We have all had those moments!

I pray, too, that this sweet girl will remain friends with your girls even as she grows up. What a gift this friendship will be - for all three of them!