Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prayers for Selah PLEASE....

A year ago I happened upon a blog, All are Precious in His Sight written by Lorraine Patterson.  At the time their daugher, Chrissie whom they had adopted from Serbia was undergoing heart surgery.  The sad news was Chrissie didn't survive after surgery and is now dancing with Jesus. 

You would think a family would fall apart but, this sweet Patterson family was just the opposite.  God called them to adopt even more children.  With their strong faith and amazing perserverance they answered God's call and brought Selah into their family this year.

Fast forward to this year when we were searching Reece's Rainbow and praying over which child God was calling us to adopt.  When I announced we were Dariya's family, Lorraine Patterson contacted me and let me know that their family had been Dariya's prayer warrior and Christmas warrior and had raised $3003 for her adoption fund.  Coincidence???? Absolutely not! Lorraine also advertised our iPad giveaway just a few weeks ago to help us fundraise and spread the word about Dariya.

Now I am asking begging you to pray for their sweet Selah.  She is only a few months old and is having brain surgery Monday morning 7:30 am CST.   Just reading her posts I can feel her anxiety about handing another child over for major surgery.

I can't ever repay Lorraine for the love and support she has shown our Dariya and our family  (and she would never expect me to) but, I can pray and hold them up during their trials and invite you to join us in prayer.

Please go over to her blog and let her know you are praying for them, she reads all her comments and with a long surgery and recovery ahead I am sure it would give her some peace to know how many are praying for them.

Blessings,

2 comments:

Sarah Marie said...

Baby Selah and her family will be in my prayers.

Lacey said...

Haven't been to her blog in a while. Heading over there right now to send good wishes!