Monday, April 16, 2012

Operation Underpants update

In December, Dariya had already come a long way in potty training from her days in Ukraine of not wanting to sit on the potty to asking to go.  So we embarked on operation underpants take 2!

Dariya has had some success with wearing panties and keeping them dry. But, it has been here and there.   Admittedly, I haven't always put her in panties while at home so part of her slow down I will take the blame for.   She had a stage here in the last few weeks of not telling me or her teachers when she needed to use the toilet like she was doing.

She still LOVES my crazy potty song we sing and celebrate with every single time she uses the toilet.

However, she didn't magically love her underwear and want to keep them dry all the time like her siblings.  Both Aidan and Alayna went straight to underpants and never looked back. 

She is wearing pull ups during the daytime, especially when we are out of the house for preschool, church or errands.  She is usually going the whole morning without any accidents but, still has to be reminded to use the restroom.

I am a "slow and steady" wins the race kinda mom when it comes to potty training.   So we march on and know that one day soon she will be wearing big girl panties all the time and on that day we will celebrate with her and until then we know that life is just perfect as it is, no need to rush!


2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I am just finally getting a chance to sit down and catch up on all the blogs I haven't read in FOREVER, and I am greeted first by this lovely picture of your sweet little girl. Just beautiful!

Cammie Heflin said...

I'm so proud of her! Addy really isn't close to wearing undies yet :( I blame a lot of it on the bowel issues but I think it's more of us not putting forth the best effort! We are going to tackle this once school's out and I'm home all day :) praying it does the trick!