Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It starts with A

She did it!

Today the girls and I were playing and coloring at their easel and Alayna wrote the letter "A" all by herself.  We have been working on this and they have been working with her at school on this too.  She has had the concept for a while and could say, "down, down, across" which is what I prompt her with to form this letter. But, until today I had never seen her complete one one her own.

She has known how to verbally spell her name for quite a long time.

I was so excited I jumped up and hugged her and told her how proud I was of her.  She then told me that she learned the word proud off of a Sesame Street podcast!

Smart little cookie!  Go Alayna go!

4 comments:

LaShawn said...

Yay Alayna! I love her smile!

Cathy said...

WTG, Alayna!!!

Elisabeth said...

As I read this post I kept thinking, Amazing starts with "A" too! Way to go, Alayna! You are amazing!

Cara Horton said...

Thank you for sharring this