Friday, February 14, 2014

Patching really does work!

We have been patching Alayna's right eye for almost a year now.
Valentines Party at school

Her left eye has always been weaker but, today we had her three month ophthalmology appointment and the great news is her left eye is just slightly weaker now than her right.  Last appointment in the fall her left was showing 2 levels weaker!

Yahoo!   It has really changed in the last 3 months!

That darn patching is working!

I am thankful to the preK crew as they patch her while she is in school each day.  mwah!

The Dr. wants to continue patching her for the couple hours a day as her left is still lagging behind the right.

I did ask if she could predict how long we will be patching and she couldn't give me an estimate.  She said eyes continue to develop until around age 8 so we could be patching a minimal amount up until then.

For Alayna's sake I hope that the next three months show as much progress and we can either stop or decrease the amount of time she is in a patch per week.

the girls passing out their Valentines to their classmates

We hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

To Love Endlessly said...

Wow, what great news! I'll definitely be praying for continued & speedy improvements!!

Cindy said...

That is such good news! (As I was beginning to type this, I realized my initial reaction was exactly what To Love Endlessly wrote!) So... ditto that! :)